Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Fate

Whatever, Fuck You HighEngineChief's Avatar
    Battle Record
    15-6

Fate

Mitochondrial Eve
    Inside all living cells are structures called Mitochondria, which function as the "power sources" for the cell. Evolutionary biologists believe that mitochondria were originally separate organisms similar to bacteria, which were "captured" by cells long ago. Mitochondria have their own DNA, separate from the cell's DNA. All animals inherit their mitochondria and their mitochondrial DNA solely from their mother. So Mitochondrial Eve is the sole ancestor to a long line of successful mitochondria, and her mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is found in all living humans.
    - gnxp.com

Government Research Facility
    - Garrett County, Maryland

Dr. Lambart took the folder from the young nurses’ hand,

“Did you read the blood work?”

“Yes doctor, his CBC was in order, but there
    was a problem with his mtDNA…”

“mt-mrca?”

“Yes, well - the lack there of.”

“So it’s true then, the only known human being
    on Earth not descended from Eve. Move him to
    the lower ward; put him on 24-hour watch.”

The young nurse nodded, her heels clicking
    endlessly as she disappeared down the hall.

FATE
    I have often depended on the blindness of strangers. - Adrienne E. Gusoff

Colby gasped, his eye lashes twitching about in sporadic rhythms. He was surprised he had lasted living this long in such bad conditions. He could hear the sirens screaming through the stale night, the dogs on his trail under the moons pale light, every frail sound that wailed might be someone wishing him harm. He tried to keep his heart beat simple and calm but his body had no plans of continuing on. Still he had to try, if they found him he was sure he had to die; their experiments on him uncovered a sort of find that they couldn’t afford to keep a secret – or alive. As for the crime, he was oblivious to what he had done; his mind raced to answer, “What do they want?” – Nothing; Fuck it! He ran through the brush in - stride so quickly the ground never seemed to touch him. Thorns cut him as he rushed through the thicket of vines and all manner of vegetation with it entwined, but he couldn’t quit, he could hear them gaining footing quick, he looked back to catch a glance – twisted his foot and tripped…

…Into the pit.

Colby crashed hard against the metal floor, face bruised up and cerebellum sore. He pushed himself up to stand and then, took a look around the corridor he landed in. The hall was dimly lit, hardly any light did exist; he collected himself and began moving toward the end of it. The mental twists and turns began to give his head an ache, he walked in circles for what seemed like an endless day, and then, as he began to feel he’d never escape, something called to him from the other end of a gate. “Who,” it cried, in a low and shrill tune, “No one ever comes down here, who the hell are you?” Colby failed to move; he was too scared to carry though with whatever intention he had – he just stared with gloom. The creature approached the bars, his smell lifted on an atrocious waft, “Wait a minute,” He said looking through Colby’s heart, “You’re not a son of Eve, you’re a whole new start.” Colby finally decided to speak, “Do you know what it is that they want from me?” The creature grinned, comfortably, “What they want from you – is your blood to leak.”

Just then an alarm began to ring, the creature screamed,
    “You help me get out of here and I’ll tell you everything!”

Sector 6

An Officer and Dr. Lambart hurried into a small,
    private room, speaking only in soft whispers.
    The Officer broke the news,

“There’s been a breach in Sector 9.”

“Is it him?”

“Most likely, nobody is scheduled to be
    down there for another 6 months, our
    men are heading down there as we speak.”

“Make sure they bring him back alive. He is
    a very important specimen, one of a kind.”
    “Look Doctor, my men will do there best
    to secure the subject, but if the security
    risk becomes too high, you’ll just have to
    cut your loses.”

Dr. Lambart hesitantly complied, nodded and
    took his leave. He knew what he had to do.

The creature emerged from the cell with a devilish grin, there was an unusual feeling Colby felt in his skin; the hideous monster hopped forward and away he walked until Colby shouted, “Wait! First you’re gonna stay and talk.” The troll smiled, “All right boy, whatever you want. You know how they say one bad apple can spoil the bunch? Well that’s the case with you, the blood in everybody’s veins includes Mitochondrial Eve, you’re the only living anomaly. You see this Eve is more than just an organism, it’s a self-sufficient bio engineered mechanism of temporal control, an elaborate program that embeds in your code. It’s meddlesome and sole purpose is to drive the human race toward destroying this planet – without seeming to influence the choices that damned it.” Colby stepped back, feeling as if he walked into a death trap – his head lapsed, a moment passed him by and all he could imagine to ever ask was, “Why?” “It goes back millennia,” the thing said, “before the Earth that exist today, there were Nations warring across distant space. Especially two old rivals, we’ll call them X & Y, Now nobody that’s ever seen an X survived, they consume a planets resource till its dead and dry then move on until a galaxy’s end arrives. So, Y, they’re the oldest known Nation in reachable space – they govern the universe and try keeping it safe, but the X, they were too many, with every new galaxy they grew X20! So the Y devised a plan to destroy the X in plain sight, and deployed the Eve organism to every planet that could sustain life; it would find the species closes to intelligence, meld with it, and use it to make them focus on their own selfishness – thus, if needed, destroying their planets every element.” Colby began to realize slowly, “So they can’t control me.” “Yes,” the beast said, “and X will arrive in about 10 years, Y can’t run the risk of you ‘Fucking shit up’ before they get here.” The creature stopped, Colby could hear soft steps, the monster held his breath, listening closely, then told C, “Shit, they’re trying to get through the door, leave! Find a Marcus Ramado, in D.C... Now go, Run through the back, hit the ladder, and don’t look back!” Colby didn’t argue with the being, he ran out through the corridor – leaving the X alone, waiting for his torturer.

Sector 9

The creature pushed his finger into his jaw,
    and a small blue light flickered in his temple.

“Hello, this is Ramaddonas, tell
    the Monger to expect company,
    The anomaly is on his way.

Everything is coming together,
    In 10 years we will be hero’s
    to our people brother…
    Yes, long live the Mahokioun.”

The creature focused, an
    explosion rumbling inside him
    dying to burst out.

“Long live the X.”

Colby crawled wounded under a cloud of ash, he could feel the flames from the explosion burning pelts of grass. Suddenly a light appeared, he heard a voice try his ear, “My god, your alive, I can’t believe you survived out here.” The stranger lifted him up, and carried him into a truck, Colby slouched over, head in a rush. The figure, sat down next to him, and then he said, “I’m Dr. Lambart, I can tell we’re gonna be friends.” Lambart cranked up the truck, and sped off into the cool August night.

Stay Tuned Next Week In OM For The Second Installment Of:
    FATE

Battle Record
    15-6
    Last edited by HighEngineChief; April 6th, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Battle Record
    15-6

Re: Fate

leave two links - will feed both.

Banned
    Battle Record
    0-2

Reserved for feed!!!!.

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1

^^Why don't people just post a fucking reply right off instead of doing that?^^

Dope High, you pulled a big splash of originality out your hat and kept it going with crystal clear imagery and well-chosen vocab, plus you backed it with a really strong rhyme scheme to boot. What impressed me was how you kept this story moving forward and interesting despite it's length, although i will say the initial description before the piece kicked in bored me a little. My ONLY real complaint is that i think you should've reversed the structure of this, i.e. the blocks of text in clear rhyming lines and the dialogue in a block. It was dope mate, shame it went over the line limit, you probably would've been the champ with this.

Great work. http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...ry-394949.html - Link

hit n run baby.
    Last edited by Johnny 6-feet; April 7th, 2009 at 09:14 AM

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-6

thanks for taking the time to read it man, and I see what you mean about the structure, drop as many links as you want.

HnR

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Wow dude this was sick. really original. probably one of the most original stories I've read in quite some time. I'm actually looking forward to a part two which is odd for me in these types of pieces.. usually people who write these don't have me interested in a 2nd chapter.. this was actually really dope though... there's no moral behind this though, only story. which is kind've cool in it's own way too because most everything has a point. yours hasn't reached that yet. vocabulary was awesome.. love the use of X & Y.. you've got a lot going here.. enjoyed this..

here.. have a link! thanks for the read High..

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...tz-394944.html
    ^^me, baron p mortuss, and jonathon.. enjoy..

Banned
    Battle Record
    2-1

Wow... this is different from anything i'm use to seeing.. I Love it. The flows amazing... it's like, a book in rhyme and tempo. I Mean, I've heard story telling raps before but this by far takes it to a whole other level. Deffinitly impressed and i'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...nt-394942.html
    Nothin' quiet like this but criticism & feedback is much appreciated

Battle Record
    15-6

Thanks guys, and I said I'd feed two links so feel free to come back for seconds lol.

I'll get to all of those today though

Battle Record
    15-6

uppin

props man good shit

Battle Record
    15-6

lol uppin

Battle Record
    15-7

Lol, I liked this. The ending was good. It was almost like a Short Story but with lyrics and what not. Dope shit here HEC. I don't understand how you could come up with such creative concepts. X & Y wars? Monsters and stuff? It was still really cool, probably one of the best pieces I've read in a long time, & it was defanitely my favorite drop that involved monsters and 'sectors'. You don't see this kind of writing every day. It was just suspense throughout the entirety of the drop. I loved the little 'sector' sections, it gave the reader a sense of what was going on outside of Colby's experiance. (Taking that Colby is the main character, the Y). Maybe I didn't understand this to the fullest in some parts, but it was defanitely worth the read, and really once I got into it; it wasn't long at all. Really really nice shit HEC. I never nominate shit for anything, but if this hasn't already been nominated for HoF I'll do it for ya. Well worthy. & if you could HEC, lets get on another collab, and hit these please

You said two links so I couldn't resist.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...na-395188.html
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...re-395192.html
    Artificial.Intelligence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-6

uppin

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

I read this a little while ago was planning on leaving feed once i finished my own piece to drop....kind of selfish but *shrugs* i still got it done right? lmao well HEC my sexy comrade this is by far the best thing i've read in the OM section in a while seeing with all the pointless and noob drops i kinda stray far from this part of the site but this was well well worth the read the imagry and vocabulary stood out the most to me fuck it im pretty much at a lost for words atm this is far above sick this is an automatch hof piece right here even tho i am not too fond of the structure you used it did give it a short story feel to it in the process of being a topical completely an original take on the topic highly impressed as usual

props on the drop my man props

RTF on The Ultimate Weapon: Element of Defense
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon